Skip to content

F-1: Financial Support

It can be a complicated and challenging process to find financial support that you may be eligible to apply for as an international student. Many opportunities require students to be a U.S. citizen or to be a non-U.S. citizen eligible for federal student aid. Below, we provide a list of resources to help you as you conduct your research.

Marymount Scholarships 
Academic scholarships are offered to eligible international undergraduate students at the time of admission.
There are limited scholarship opportunities for international graduate students. 
On Campus Employment 

Full-time students may apply for an on campus job at Marymount. Please read additional information about on campus employment for F-1 students before applying for a job.
Graduate Assistantships

Eligible graduate students may apply for a graduate assistantship. Each graduate assistantship position provides a tuition waiver (amount depends on position) in exchange for service to the University. Graduate assistants may be enrolled full-time or part-time. Please review F-1 student enrollment requirements before dropping below full-time study.
Marymount Office of Financial Aid

Marymount University's Office of Financial Aid has limited ability to assist international students who are not U.S. citizens and/or who are not FAFSA eligible. (Most F-1 students are not FAFSA eligible.) However, a financial aid Advisor may be able to provide you with general guidance and tips as you consider different financial aid options that you find. 
Other Resources

The following links are provided for general information purposes only. Informational links do not represent an endorsement by Marymount University. Educate yourself about indicators of possible financial aid scams before you start your research.
Unexpected Financial Hardship Assistance

If you are experiencing an unexpected financial challenge, you may find the following resources helpful:  
F-1 students facing unexpected financial challenges due to circumstances out of the student's control may be eligible to request recommendation for Off Campus Employment work authorization. (Do not work Off Campus without written ISSS recommendation and official USCIS work authorization approval. Unauthorized employment is a non-reinstatable offense.) Attend drop-in hours or make an appointment to meet with an ISSS advisor if you think you may be eligible to apply for Off Campus Employment: