Skip to content

F-1: Change of Education Level

What is a Change of Level I-20?
Many F-1 students decide to pursue another degree program at Marymount.  If you are completing your current degree or finishing your authorized Optional Practical Training (OPT) and are admitted to a new degree program at Marymount University, you are required to submit documents to process a new I-20.  This I-20 is referred to as a Change of Level I-20.

Steps to receiving your Change of Level I-20
  1. Receive admission to Marymount University for a new program.
  2. Log in to the ISSS Portal and navigate to tab 4.
  3. Click the icon labeled I-20 for New Degree Level Request.
  4. Provide answers to the Questionnaire and click next.
  5. Upload the required documents:
    • Passport ID Page
    • Visa
    • I-94
    • Financial Documents showing funding for your new program
    • Completed Declaration of Finances
    • Admission Letter for your new program
  6. Click Submit

ISSS will receive your request and review your documents.  Once your required documents are approved, ISSS will issue you a Change of Level I-20 for your new degree program. At the start of your first semester in your new degree program, you will be required to complete International Student Check In again to activate your new degree level.

Click on the banner to login