I-983 for STEM OPT
The I-983 is required for F-1 students applying for and on the STEM OPT Extension.
Submit an I-983 when:
- You are requesting a STEM OPT recommendation I-20 to apply for STEM OPT
- At your 12-month reporting requirement (complete Evaluation on Student Progress)
- At your 24-month reporting requirement (complete Final Evaluation on Student Progress)
- When you start with a new employer on STEM OPT
- When you leave an employer on STEM OPT (complete Final Evaluation on Student Progress)
ISSS has put together a Sample I-983 for you to reference when you fill out the I-983.
Always be sure to visit the ICE official website to download the most up-to-date version of the I-983 document.