Initial Immigration Check-in
After you attend the in-person orientation, ISSS needs to verify your personal information and receive your most up-to-date passport, visa, I-94, and signed I-20 in order to report to Homeland Security that you are on campus.
Check In steps by iss280
Steps to Complete Mandatory Immigration Check In
Before starting, make sure to verify that your US address is added to Marynet in the MU portal.
- Log in to the ISSS Portal.
- Go to Tab 4: Initiate & Manage Requests.
- Scroll down to see the request icons and select Immigration Check In Request- Maintaining Status.
- Complete the Student Information (Questionnaire) and click Next.
- Carefully read the Maintaining Your F-1 Status Introduction (Learning Content), Government Regulations: Maintaining Your F-1 Status (Learning Content) and the Additional Important Marymount University Reminders (Learning Content) material. You will need to click next after each Learning Content Section.
- Complete the International Student F-1 Regulations Pre-Arrival Quiz (Assessment). You must receive a 14/14 within 3 attempts to move forward with Check In. Click Submit Assessment to receive your score. Once you have received 14/14, click Next.
- Upload the required documents:
- Passport ID Page
- F-1 Visa and Stamp
- I-94 Record
- Current Form I-20
- Click next once they have all been uploaded
- Read F-1 Student Immigration Responsibilities Agreement (Signature Document) and check that you confirm.
- Click Submit
If you have additional questions or concerns, you can schedule an appointment to meet with an International Student Advisor.