Skip to content

F-1: Request I-20 for Dependent

What is a Dependent?
F-1 visa holders are eligible to bring their spouse and/or children with them on an F-2 dependent visa. If you plan to bring any dependents with you while you are a student at Marymount, request an I-20 for each dependent via the ISSS portal.

Documents Required to Request an I-20 for a Dependent 
  • For each dependent, a copy of their passport photo/ID page. (Passport must be valid at least 6 months beyond their planned entry to the U.S.)
  • Proof of Relationship, such as marriage certificate (for spouse) and birth certificate (for child) or official family certificate translated into English.
  • Proof of Funding: $8,000 USD for a spouse + $5,500 USD for each child, in addition to funding required for your I-20 issuance as the student.
  • Declaration of Finances: submit a new or updated Declaration of Finances form to include additional funding information for your dependents.

Steps to Submit a Request for an F-2 (Dependent) I-20
  1. Log into your ISSS portal and proceed to Tab 4
  2. Click on the icon with multiple people that says "Dependent Information Create"
  3. Upload required documents
  4. Provide details for each dependent
  5. Click Submit
Please allow up to 10 business days for ISSS to process your request. 

processing time