Maintain your F-1 Status
Most important ways of maintaining your F-1 status:
- Maintain a valid Passport
- Submit updated visa or passport to ISSS Portal
- Update your local/U.S. address within 10 days of a change
- Enroll Full-Time - 12 credits for undergraduates and 9 credits for graduates
- F-1 students may only be enrolled in one online course to count towards their full-time requirement. Special cases, such as the ongoing pandemic, may be an exception to this rule.
- If only one course is needed to complete your program of study, the final course cannot be a fully online course
- Do not work without permission
- Do not overstay your F-1 status
For instructions on how to update your ISSS portal with any address changes, documentation updates or any other personal information changes you can click on our “Personal Information Updates” tab on this website.