Skip to content

Classes Outside Marymount

If you are interested in enrolling in courses at a different institution, such as Northern Virginia Community College, there are a few steps you will need to complete to ensure that your academic record and immigration record are maintained. This process of being enrolled in classes outside of Marymount University is called Concurrent Enrollment.

Transferring Credits
We encourage you to review any articulation agreements between Marymount and any other universities. The Office of Registrar's website also has a helpful tool that will allow you to plug in your courses to see how they will transfer over back to Marymount University. On their website you can also find information such as including credit maximums and how to transfer your credits over.

If you have any further questions about how your credits will transfer, please reach out to the Office of Registrar or your Academic Advisor.

Steps to request Concurrent Enrollment:

  1. Meet with your Academic Advisor and complete either the Course Substitution and Transfer Form (CSTF) or the Consortium Registration Form ​
    • Your Academic Advisor's signature is required!  They can help you fill out the correct form.
  2. Submit the form for processing, either to your academic department or the office of the Registrar.
    • This process may take up to three business days.
    • You do not need a signature from the Registrars office or academic department head prior to submitting the form to ISSS. This step is required for processing your academic record of being enrolled in courses outside of Marymount.
  3. Upload your approved CSTF or Consortium Registration Form to the ISSS portal.
    1. Once you log into your ISSS portal, click on tab 4 and initiate a Class outside Marymount request.
    2. You will be asked to upload the approved form in order to get a Concurrent Enrollment Letter from ISSS that will give you permission to enroll at the other institution. Your concurrent enrollment university will require this letter from all International Students before being approved to enroll in classes.
  4. IF YOU ARE USING THE CSTF: After you enroll in the other institution, upload a copy of the registration (such as your schedule) to the ISSS portal.
    • ​​​​​This is very important to verify your full-time enrollment and maintain your F-1 status.
  5. IF YOU ARE USING THE CSTF: After you have successfully completed the course at the other institution, you must complete both steps listed below:
    • ​​Submit an official or unofficial transcript to the ISSS office, regardless of the grades you received. This is required to maintain your immigration record active.
    • Submit official transcripts to the Registrar's Office to receive transfer credits. Please note that you must earn a grade of C or higher to be eligible to transfer your credits over.

processing time